13 weeks ago I saw Dragonray’s blog post about transmog contest, Mog around the World in 80 days, and I was hooked, I couldn’t wait it to start!
Idea was to celebrate independence! What a great idea, i know! 12 weeks – 12 transmogs!
The rules were quite simple:
- The colours/theme must match the countries current flag.
- All 12 weeks must be completed to ensure fairness in judging and finals.
- The list on each page may be outdated but it is the official list we are going to base this competition on. (Original source)
- Transmogs can be submitted in Mogit, ModelViewer or ingame
- Your event entry must be able to use the outfit as a proper end-game transmog (so no Gnomes in Shaman gear or Goblin Rogues with shields) including cloak, helm and weapons. Disqualification of your entry if this not correct.
- Include the gear you used for each outfit please.
- Transmogs must be emailed to me by 6pm Friday night (AEST) of each week this allows us time to collate/judge on the weekend and announce winners on Mon/Tues. e.g. the first week cut-off is 31st Jan 6pm. Multiple weeks can be submitted at once, please advise country/week they are for. Consider a file name of [dragonray_Aust_week1.jpg] or something similar. Send the screenshots to my gmail.com account of onyxiia.
- Your lovely judges for this event are Navimie, Cymre and Kamalia. I will be providing the images to them unnamed so they won’t be able to judge on person, just style.
- Finals will consist of picking the top three outfits over the entire event.
- Scores will be released during the finals week for all contestants.
- Prizes to be confirmed, donations welcome.
Judging was based on 2 criteria, theme (correct colours for the flag/country you’ve chosen) and flavour (originality/style).
After every week the judges chose the winner of the week.
As I didn’t win any of the weeks I still enjoyed tons of just planning the mogs! 🙂
The winner of the whole competition was Syrco, see her blog here.
I’m gonna post all my 12 tmogs in series of 3, so that’s 4 posts total.