So I saw this Tweet (Link to that blog post here)
and thought myself that I want to try out a new challenge and it seemed rather easy and I have a whole year to do it 🙂 I’ve been neglecting my books so much last year and I have loads of books I’m in middle of.
The challenge is hosted by Books To Share. You can read more about the challenge and rules by clicking the picture. I’m only going to post my readings on my blog for my (and maybe yours) amusement and not going to take part on that competition they host 🙂
- Visit The Country: Read a book that has setting in a country that you really want to visit in real life. Make sure the setting has a big role in the book and it can make you know a little bit more about your dream destination.
- Cover Lust: Pick a book from your shelf that you bought because you fell in love with the cover. Is the content as good as the cover?
- Blame it on Bloggers: Read a book because you’ve read the sparkling reviews from other bloggers. Don’t forget to mention the bloggers’ names too!
- Bargain All The Way: Ever buying a book because it’s so cheap you don’t really care about the content? Now it’s time to open the book and find out whether it’s really worth your cents.
- (Not So) Fresh From the Oven: Do you remember you bought/got a new released book last year but never had a chance to read it? Dig it from your pile and bring back the 2013.
- First Letter’s Rule: Read a book which title begins with the same letter as your name. Remember: Articles like “a”, “an” or “the” doesn’t count 🙂
- Once Upon a Time: Choose a book that’s been published for the first time before you were born (not necessarily has to be a classic book, just something a little bit older than you is okay. You can read the most recent edition if you want to)
- Chunky Brick: Take a deep breath, and read a book that has more than 500 pages. Yep, the one that you’ve always been afraid of!
- Favourite Author: You like their books, but there are too many titles. This is your chance, choose a book that’s been written by your fave author but you haven’t got time to read it before.
- It’s Been There Forever: Pick up a book that has been there on your shelf for more than a year, clean up the dust and start to read it now 🙂
- Movies vs Books: You’ve seen the movie adaptation (or planned to see it soon) but never had time to read the book. It’s time to read it now, so you can compare the book vs the movie.
- Freebies Time: What’s the LAST free book you’ve got? Whether it’s from give away, a birthday gift or a surprise from someone special, don’t hold back any longer. Open the book and start reading it now 😀
- Not My Cup of Tea: Reach out to a genre that you’ve never tried (or probably just disliked) before. Whether it’s a romance, horror or non fiction, maybe you will find a hidden gem!
- Walking Down The Memory Lane: Ever had a book that you loved so much as a kid? Or a book that you wish you could read when you were just a child? Grab it now and prepare for a wonderful journey to the past 🙂 Comic books or graphic novels are allowed!
The rules were quite simple:
- To complete the challenge, you have to read at least one book for each category, or total of 14 books during the challenge period. You can set your own pace and do not need to follow the categories in particular order. You can also read more than one book for each category. You have to write your reviews in your blog/FB note/Goodreads page/tumblr/etc.
- Other rules were about where and when to post if you’re taking part in public and want to participate for the price picking. (You can read more about those rules by clicking that picture above)