So New Year New Me huh? Nah, I’m not really like that. I like myself just the way I am (well at least most of the time). Lot of you probably made some New Year Resolutions? I did one, I promised myself that I wouldn’t make any New Year Resolutions. I have to be honest to myself, I can never keep them. That’s the only I’ve been able to keep 😀
A lot of bad things happened in 2016, Brexit, USA got new orange weasel and many celebrities died. But for the lasts days of 2016 I wanted to find list of all the good things that happened! We seem to forget the good things when so many bad things happen (me included). This list is from Buzzfeed but it’s original source is from Tumblr, I’ll list only few of them:
- Leonardo DiCaprio finally won the Oscar!
- Tiger and manatee numbers are growing!
- Giant pandas are no longer endangered
- 500 elephants were relocated to a better, safer and bigger home.
- Scientists figured out how to link robotic limbs with the part of the brain that deals with intent to move so people don’t have to think about how they will move the limb, it can just happen.
- Coffee consumption has been proved to help curtail cancer and suicide rates.
- We made massive strides in Alzheimers’ prevention (seems like the creator’s grandmother has the same fear as I have. My grandfather had Alzheimers and I’m really scared that I might get it. Yes it’s low probability but still).
- There’s new Harry Potter book (and a movie!)
- Pokemon Go players went insane with placing lure modules near hospitals for sick kids.
And that’s just fraction of the good things! What I’m trying to learn myself is that I’m allowed to feel sad and bad things, it’s life. They’re part of it. However they don’t need to(SHOULDN’T) take the whole part of your life.
I’ve learned a lot from last year:
- I don’t work well under massive stress (I work well when there is little bit stress to keep me competitive)
- Due to stress my anxiety grew and I sought help from therapy. I have a long way to learn how to manage things when it comes to panic attacks but I will get there by baby-steps
- Due to stress I got diagnosed with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), which put my mind at ease that it’s nothing too serious. It’s just annoying but I’ve ordered cook books and I’m working on a diet and it should be manageable with it!
- I’m very creative when I put mind on it! When I stopped working (to learn more Swedish) my creativity bloomed! I did Christmas cards by myself which I haven’t done in at least 10 years. I was so proud of them that I almost didn’t want to send them 😀
- I will learn new things really fast if I focus and have proper means to learn.
- I take amazing photographs!
- I’m not that bad at drawing!
- I love writing!
- I’m introvert and I’m proud of it! I’m not broken! I just need to charge my batteries after seeing a lot of people.
- I enjoy streaming!
I said I didn’t make any New Year Resolutions, I did however made small list of “goals” for next year.
- Write write write x 3
- Draw things!
- Take photos (+ finish the online course for photographing and Photoshop)
- Learn more Swedish
- Read more!
- Keep up with the diet and take walks to lose weight
- Stream more (webcam+mic)
- Learn to recognize anxiety patterns and work with it to prevent panic attacks
This post became a little bit different version that I was thinking but I’m quite happy with it! Thank you for reading and Happy New Year! 🙂